The product development funding is intended for the students and personnel (including grant researchers) of University of Jyväskylä, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, and Gradia.
Do you have a great idea that you would like to test in practice?
Does the lack of funding stop you from carrying out a test, building a prototype or ordering a review?
The Product Development Funding can be applied for for implementing tests on or reviewing initial-stage ideas, e.g. for purposes such as
Funding can be applied for to sums of €500–€1,000.
Please note that funding cannot be granted to pay for your salary and funding is not available for procurement that would become the property of a potential start-up. (trademark, equipment, code or tools, for example).
The core competency of the idea to be funded must be with the team applying for funding.
If you wish, you can also complete parts of Gradia’s Product Development Work special vocational degree, such as the section of ‘Working as an innovator’, during the Product Development Funding process. You can prepare for these study sections flexibly during the Product Development Funding process.
Further information: Sanna Kärkkäinen
tel. +358 (0)40 341 6303
Get more detailed instructions for preparing the presentation by email!
1. Please fill the application form on our website. If you need any help don't hesitate to contact our contact persons. You can find the e-mail information below.
2. You will get an invitation a week before by e-mail as well as more detailed instructions how to prepare your presentation.
3. Prepare, in advance, a 10-minute presentation of your project that is presented to an evaluation panel (approx. 5–7 people).
4. Send your presentation two days before Product Development Funding Day to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Present your idea to an evaluation team! You will have 10 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions. So far the Product Development Funding Day will be held on Teams/Online.
The panel will make their decision on the funding after the event, which will then be announced within a few business days.