We bring companies and investors to the same table!
The Financing Panel provides an opportunity for growth-oriented companies seeking financing to test their own financing eligibility. It also serves as a place for receiving valuable feedback and development suggestions regarding the company’s business idea and creating contacts with financers and investors. The Financing Panel is not Dragons’ Den.
For financers, the event provides an opportunity to find interesting businesses, spar with them with their expertise and create new contacts with businesses and other financing operators alike. When a financer meets a suitable business, the event also facilitates the discovery of new investees.
The Financing Panel is owned and operated by Venture Development Finland. The Start-Up Factory is a proud organizing partner in the event.
Before the Financing Panel, you can participate in free-of-charge investment panel coaching.
For whom is the Financing Panel intended?
For growth-oriented companies that:
- are seeking financing
- want to test their financing and investment eligibility and develop it
- want to develop the feasibility of their business idea and hear how investors and financers see their business idea
- receive added value from contacts. The Financing Panel can open many doors. The person sitting in the Financing Panel may not be the one who makes the investment, but they can be the one to direct you to the right person.
For financers and investors who:
- want to hear other financers’ and investors’ opinions
- want to increase their understanding of different financial instruments and different financers’ perspectives on financing rounds (the Financing Panel brings together different financers and investors from the public and the private sector alike).
Why apply for the Financing Panel?
For those seeking financing:
- The Financing Panel will provide you with an opportunity to test your company’s financing eligibility in front of several different financing operators.
- You will also receive coaching for pitching, as well as feedback and development suggestions regarding your business idea, and an opportunity to network with financers and investors.
- For the Financing Panel, your company’s most common documents, such as your business plan and financial calculations (cash flow forecast, income statement), will be ironed out.
- Preparations for the due diligence process and shareholder agreements will be started at the same time. The preparation process for the Financing Panel will provide you with resources for preparing for the aforementioned and help you increase your understanding of the documents needed on the financing round.
- The Financing Panel provides an opportunity to discover interesting businesses
- spar with them
- create contacts with pitching companies and other financers and investors alike.
- When a financer meets a suitable company, the Panel also facilitates the discovery of new investees.
The Financing Panel provides a cross-section of the companies involved in a compact period of time and facilitates testing the team and hearing other opinions. At the same time, the Financing Panel provides views on what is happening in the innovation ecosystem of Jyväskylä and what kinds of businesses are coming from the city.
How does the process go?
Before stepping in front of investors, the participating companies receive personal sparring regarding their financing proposal from our experts. An expert will help you spruce up your sales pitch so that your company will be at its best when the big moment comes. Preparing for the actual Financing Panel will involve, among other things, compiling the necessary documents and participating in a test panel.
After the coaching: The companies selected for the Financing Panel will pitch themselves directly to the attending investors and financers with a 15–20-minute presentation, after which they will have an open discussion with the financers regarding the company’s situation, its business idea and its feasibility, as well as their financing needs and eligibility. Your company will also have access to financing materials for future financing discussions.